What is Wellspring?
Wellspring Academy Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust and an approved DfE Academy sponsor. The Trust is focused upon improving life chances for pupils and communities in the Yorkshire and Humber region.
Our determination to make a difference is rooted in Moral Purpose. We want to improve outcomes and life chances for young people. Our Moral Purpose is manifested in our Principles, Beliefs, Aims and Commitments.
Wellspring Academy Trust is borne out of the following principles:
- We are ethical
- We will do what is best for all our young people, schools and communities
- We will add value to the system
- We are outward facing
- We will work closely with and for the benefit of all school staff, leadership teams, Governing Bodies and central staff. In so doing, we are working for the benefit of all pupils in our schools
- We will work effectively in partnership with Local Authorities and local schools
- We believe that clearly and simply articulated ambition and a relentless drive for improvement from the top is key to the success of an organisation
- We believe that trusting relationships, effective communications and ongoing capacity building are keys to sustained and sustainable organisational improvement
- We believe that information, education, training and support are key drivers for system improvement
- Our Trust will support its schools
- Our Trust will challenge all of its schools to improve, irrespective of their position on the improvement continuum
- Our Trust will influence wider education policy
Our principles, beliefs, aims and commitments add up to a vision, which is to achieve a step-change in outcomes for young people in the Yorkshire and Humber region.
Together we can make the difference.
The full name, registered postal address and telephone number of the Trust can be found here.
Additional information about the CEO, Mark Wilson, and Chair of the Trust Board can be found here.
Information about the Trust's governance structure including organisational chart, the remit of Members, the Trust Board, Board Committees and Local Governing Bodies can be accessed here.