The Joseph norton Offer
Joseph Norton Academy is the same as any other academy in that we:
- Have high expectations of our pupils
- Build a secure and happy atmosphere in which pupils can learn effectively
- Provide opportunities and facilities for pupils to develop special interests and talents through a range of extra-curricular activities
- Foster good home-school relationships to enable parents and carers to play their part in the education of their children
- Support pupils to access a broad range of subjects and qualifications, including GCSEs
- Have a school uniform and a Code of Conduct called our 'Ways of Working' (WOWs)
However we are different to other academies in that we:
- Are a special academy and only accept pupils with complex SEMH difficulties
- Organise our pupils into nurture groups rather than year groups
- Structure our day and our curriculum to support pupils with SEMH difficulties
- Employ specialist staff to support the special educational needs of our pupils
- Offer a range of interventions to support pupil progress in all areas including access to our school farm
- Work with outside agencies to help pupils develop relevant skills and abilities such as confidence, creativity and self-control
Our SEN Report, which outlines our offer in full, can be accessed here.
Our admissions criteria can be found here.
The Local Offer for Kirklees Local Authority can be found here.